Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Two Halves Make a Hole in the Heart

If "lonely" is a dish best shared,
Then why is it with you I'm paired?

"Euphoria" leaves a dirty taste;
No longer how this love is based.

Now it's secrets, stalking cats.
Why must you wear so many hats?

And sunglasses, and newspapers -
And on your arm, the shes and hers.

So though we're bound (and manacled),
The bond that ties us has been pulled

And stretched, and stretched, about to break -
This life of ours is our mistake.

And so I free you, from this strife:
Release you from your bitter wife.

Rescind your hasty "Oh, I do",
And give up all the things you knew,

For loneliness is hard to bear,
When someone near should truly care.

Lone, but happy, I will be,
When you are strangely far from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment