Thursday, November 25, 2010

A thousand thankless days

All love ends in tragedy,
they say. And some never begins,
Like dawn without the day.

The light through yonder window breaks
- my heart, because the darkness in my soul
must start, each time I see you look upon my face.

And when you're near my eyes refuse to see
Looks of disdain,
or else distrust, that you bestow on me.

Although my heart does fly,
I am afraid - and so deny myself true joy,
No promenade for me tonight - I must be lone.

Your garden I avoid because
you're near; proximity to you increases fear,
that you should hate me more than yesterday.

I lock my heavy heart and hide the key -
Impossible to find; I make myself forget, I hardly feel
and do not mind.

Hideous in the eye of the rejector,
I've now become: the monster that you saw me as -
completely numb.

I kill the love and fill myself
with loathesome hate,
It slowly makes eternal pain abate.

No comments:

Post a Comment