Sunday, January 16, 2011

Je love vous

Roll new words along my tongue
Or hold them in my hand
Let them float on water
Or plant them in the sand

Your language sounds so lovely
When whispered in my ear
"D'accord" and sweet "Je t'aime"
Are what I like to hear

What is the real difference
between "connais" and "sais"?
And when I speak improperly,
please tell me the right way.

Words explode like lightning bolts
lighting up my mind.
New words are possibilities;
Seek - what will I find?

You tell me, "Ah, les femmes!"
I know that you just tease.
But when you speak those words to me
I weaken in the knees.

So kiss me in the English way,
And kiss me like the French,
Call me your petite amie,
Or pretty, sexy wench.

Or if the words should fail you,
Just look into my eyes;
Your face will tell me everything
And I will realize

That words are pretty useful
And sound quite lovely, true;
But some languages are silent
And pass from me to you

And you to me, and me to you
And back and forth they go
Sans words we do converse
And both of us will know

That some love has no language
That can be heard aloud
And sometimes words can hide this
They shield and they enshroud

They cover up real meaning
by seeking to explain
Words distort the picture
Like viewing through the rain

So look at me quite closely
And close your ears to sound
And see what's right in front of you:
The lovely girl you've found.

No words can tell you how I feel
"I love you" or "J'adore"
Do not clearly tell you
You're who I'm looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment