Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Lively Epidemic

Life is a disease
That does affect us all
Some symptoms surely show themselves
And suddenly we fall.

Life ensures we're dying;
We feel it every day.
But we forget the meaning
And we forget to say:

This day, it could be my last!
This day I thrill to BE!
My time alive is limited,
But so far I am free

To learn and love as I see fit,
To rejoice in the world;
Amazement truly strikes me,
As options are unfurled.

All chances must be taken,
All mistakes soon forgot,
All good in me is nourished,
And demons swiftly fought.

So seize your life in both your hands,
One chances is all we've got!
Seek out opportunity
and give life your best shot.

Though dying we are still alive,
Don't hate mortality;
Remember that this is your time,
And live accordingly.

1 comment: