Friday, October 8, 2010

Closer

Push me up against the wall
and catch me as I start to fall
so deep in love with you.

Bodies - separate - feel like one
(Oh! Life has never felt this fun!)
I like the words you whisper in my ear.

Buttons never felt so grand
As when undone with your strong hand
Take off my clothes and inhibitions too.

Enter my life and body too
I like the things you want to do
and suddenly the world becomes so still.

You like my touch I like your smile
Let's just stay here for a while
I want to live inside your circling arms.

The world is big and I'm so small
And as we stand here in the hall
I feel the universe condense for once.

This too will end (as all things do)
But for now, you're all that's true -
I'll hang on to this moment for all time.

And when I'm alone in my bed
I'll think of curls upon your head
and recall that I once was part of two.

No comments:

Post a Comment