Friday, October 15, 2010

The Blissful Misery of Love

Put your hands into my ears
Into my mouth - into my fears
Put them softly on my heart
Slowly pull my ribs apart

Now quickly take the organ out
And hook your fingers on the doubt
Steal my love and worries too
And keep them always safe with you

Sew me up with a caress
As you slip off my fuchsia dress
Kiss me gently like the sun
And tell me I'm the only one

Clothed in laughter; deep in thought
Half-way through the wine you brought
Under cover sans disguise
I'm lost and found within your eyes

Let's make a pact to stay this way
In love in lust in disarray
But nothing lasts - not even this
(Let's seal the promise with a kiss)

Just know that each sweet touch will lie
Each word has life and soon must die
The honesty of love so pure
Will try, but must fail to endure

The passing of days/months/years
Destroys a love and brings back fears
One day my heart will cease to beat
No longer will you be complete

Our love will end in tragedy
Too soon your blinded eyes will see
The folly of eternal love
And shame of heaven up above

So when you hold my hands in yours
(as we make love instead of wars)
Know that our time is very brief
That soon you will be filled with grief

Like water carefully cupped in hands
Time flows through (like hourglass sands)
This moment - it could be our last
This fleeting present becomes past

No comments:

Post a Comment