Thursday, October 14, 2010

...uhm...

Writer's block - the Muse away, it seems I have no words today.
I'm blocked - stopped up - no words will flow, and suddenly I'm filled with woe!
I can't write, I'll never write! My sentences seem so contrite.
I'll never write again I say! I don't know how; I've lost my way.
I'm no Shakespeare, I'm no Poe, I'm not sure how the words should go.
Devices do betray me now. Write a poem? I don't know how.

Alliteration always acts happily for poetic hacks.

Internal rhyme can earn a dime - but I don't want to waste your time.

I'd like to make a star's light wink, but then my floating heart would sink.

Personify the world I would! If I thought that that could do some good.

I want the words to flow like wind! (Then this poor simile I'd rescind.)

Metaphors are a broken mind, they don't know love from an orange's rind.

It's hopeless! I've no words to give, a silent life I'm forced to live.
Ol' Bill and Edgar had a skill, and I know that I never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment