Monday, October 4, 2010

Now is the summer of our content...

Web 2.0 = Narcissism.

We all just want to be known, yeah?

I had to revert to my pen name, simply to avoid lumping myself with the plethora of others than need to be known! They want a name for themselves!

But Mary Anne (Mary Ann, Marian) Evans and Samuel Langhorne Clemens didn't feel the need to be known. Maybe they thought it wouldn't work out for them.

Maybe they didn't want their hearts to be labeled by their lives. (See: Autobiographical readings). Maybe they didn't want censorship to bind them to safe topics.

Hard to say.

I just know how irritated (and hypocritical) I get when I encounter personal websites so filled with the need to be SEEN! RECOGNIZED! ADORED! ADMIRED! ENVIED!

I just want to write. And yeah, when I'm dead, I want to be posthumously appreciated.

But for now, I am Allie Victoria Summers.
_____________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment