Monday, September 6, 2010

The Love Triangle Between Two Squares and an Hourglass

There is mathy formula that struggles to define,
The way my heart is twain and isn’t truly mine.

A triangle, the experts say, has three vertices,
And I am like some honey, attracting many bees.

Two bees I have attracted, it is one bee too much,
One is gently stroking, the other is fierce touch.

A heart is not a triangle, it only has one point,
To one too many boys, my tender heart is joint.

My heart is 33.3, 1/3 is but my own,
I cannot bear to leave one boy - my love for two has grown.

Christopher, a sweet sweet boy is such a joy to see,
Someday, somehow, perhaps his wife I’d be.

Although, I fear, he is too dear, obsessed he has become,
His neediness surrounds me, I dread meeting his mum.

Jason is a different sort, but to me much the same,
Sometimes it seems we differ just by gender and by name.

He laughs – and me, I hear it, resound within my soul,
His scent is overwhelming, to inhale him is my goal.

A triangle is not a heart, my organs are all wrong,
My brain it seems, is also strange, but also very strong.

I strive to guarantee a place within my heart for one,
But hanging out with two hot boys is actually more fun.

Perhaps one day I shall divine which boy I do prefer,
But until November 1st this conundrum I defer.

No comments:

Post a Comment