Monday, September 6, 2010

Untitled

If all’s fair in love and war,
How can my wretched heart be sore?

My mind is numb, holds but one thought,
I think of him – the love he wrought.

I close my eyes and see you near,
I open and you disappear.

Inaudible words, invisible touch,
My love for him’s become too much.

Rejection is the ultimate curse,
Seeing you just makes it worse.

My heart is heavy and filled with grief,
Our love affair was much too brief.

Console me now, I wish you would,
Do things only a love could.

Make this madness go away,
I fear the love is here to stay.

With plastic smiles, disguise the pain,
Make him think you’re truly sane.

Sequester my desire, oh please,
I’m begging you; I’m on my knees.

Free me from your death-like grip,
I’m not some slave that you can whip.

Inflicted pain, you are so cruel,
I’ve turned myself into the fool.

I want to feel but don’t know how,
Untimely death seems welcome now.

I need to feel the pain of lust,
Destroy my body now – I must.

I clench my teeth, shed crimson tears,
I scream inside but no one hears.

The cuts run deep, I hardly feel,
I close my eyes, pretend you’re real.

I’m broken, like a china doll,
My heart, my soul, you took it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment