Monday, September 6, 2010

Young Love

What love is this? That fills me so,
With boundless things that grow and grow.

Feelings explode, heartbeats flutter,
Nervousness can make me stutter.

The sky is bluer, the grass so green,
It’s nothing like I’ve ever seen.

Sounds are sharper, sensations strong,
A love like this could not be wrong.

Eternal lust, imagined love,
The angels sing from up above.

I walk on air, head over heels,
I glide along as if on wheels.

I’m on Cloud Nine, my life complete,
I never imagined he would cheat.

Another girl, she isn’t me,
I was so blinded, couldn’t see.

The rules of love are never broken,
Until those fateful words are spoken:

“It’s over.” he says, and shuffles his feet,
My heart seems to have skipped a beat.

Fall from the cloud with visions blurred,
I hardly believe what I have heard.

“It’s over.” Forever I’ll be alone,
Love is messy, I should’ve known.

No comments:

Post a Comment